Monday, January 26
Ox.
The past two nights have been a blast.
Yesterday I spent the whole night out with Samputri (it's their couple name, think 'Brangelina'...) and the kiddo's at the Marina Barrage. It was great fun, having the kids along with us; one, it prevents Sam from going all 'Theres this place I know where there's great musi-', and two, they really bring out the 'true' kids within ourselves. Think 'water playground' and wet underwear.
Hehe. I think i've made my cold worse.
Today, the first year of the mighty mighty Ox, and guess what, I ended up awaking exactly at noon. Dad called in shortly after my 13th or so snooze alarm and told me he'd rather me come next week, as it was no use having me at Uncle Robert's for awhile when they all (Sobo & household) are going off visiting somewhere else. And oh yeah, dad kept complaining about a bad stomach ache he got after yesternight's feast, so i bet he too wasn't feeling that great. The amusement, I know. Wished the East Asian side of my family the usual greetings, no doubt. E-orange.
So, in the end, there wasn't exactly much to do (I am not counting assignments obviously). But then, at around 3, aunt Oya called (yeah I have a lot of aunts) from the beach, inviting me to 'join the super family picnic at Pasir Ris'. Haha. I practically laughed out loud when I got there; everyone, even mum, was there, and they all even said (thanks to some cow) a very loud and embarrassing 'KONGSIFAHCHAI!', before I melted away in the sand.
I love my family. They only look different and act classy but in fact, deep down, they're a true blue, Meh-lah-yoo sort of people. Is that a haiku, or what.
Haha, back to reality. I don't think I can face that huge metaphoric pile of work (that I have yet to get started on) back at home. Oh. No.
Whoops, there goes gravity.
Happy New Year everyone.
--wan.
Labels: celebrations, family, my world
posted at 23:52