Monday, March 23
Stuffed.
I have eaten so much in the past twenty-four hours that now my stomach looks like Putri's face. We had (by we I mean the Galistan family) a full course dinner meal back at Nyai's. There were two types of curries, a typical Malay sambal dish, rocket greens and red cabbage salad, a steaming pot of Nyai's authentic goat's milk rice and a bakers supply of lavash (an Armenian bread). Jeez, it's been a long, long time since i've tasted Nyai's food. Aaah. I do enjoy a bit of off time from cooking once in awhile.
Well, since mum's back at home, i'm staying at Nyai's again (stop clucking). The kids are finally gone; the holidays are over for them (yeah!), and finally Nyai has some time for a well deserved rest. Though that's not going to stop that woman from bickering at my faux-dyed hair and black nails. Always looking out for me. She really is a piece of work, Natassha (haha). I do wish she'd stop calling me bibong Muhammad in supermarkets though. The nerve.
For this week it'll be much less of a chore for me. Since i'm staying at me granny's theres no need for that daily (and nightly) train ride to and from Kallang and Tampines. I'm also starting tuition lessons with Shasha and Adam for this month through to April, beginning tomorrow. I can be quite of an ass once I start teaching though (even more than I usually am), so I hope Didam is prepared *evil laughter*. Now is that pedophile-ish or what. Eww.
Anyway, after tennis session with Putri just now, I chanced upon one of my old Kumon tuition buddies, Richard Lee (or was it Richard Lim?). I remembered him for the sole fact that he always let me copy down the answers for Japanese class worksheets (you wondered why I was always stuck at worksheet E). It was particularly more curious for me, as my daily horoscope for today read that i'd reunite with an old friend (I only read them for the fun of acting stupid). Hahahahaha.
Heck, maybe that personal-validation-fallacy-scam-for-the-more-naive-amongst-us-horoscope (read more about the Forer effect, people) was right in a different way: I did reunite with an old friend today, and that old friend's called sloth. Hehehe. Goodnight, losers.
--wan.
Labels: family, my world
posted at 23:27