Sunday, October 5
Weekend.
This weekend was like, one whole mini-week for me.
Friday, I went over to Tri's house (where im staying now). She had to finish up an important assignment for poly (way to go, leave it till the last minute, haha) so I had to entertain Afik and Sasha (Daniel was at Nyai's). They were both hungry, so we ordered KFC. The new spicy drumlets they have were superb, I especially loved the thai-flavoured variety (drumsticks that taste like thai people, ew, sounds sick, =). After that, I just turned up the AC, and left the kiddos to their drawings. Shasha has a habit of calling me an artist, whenever I doodle something gross, just because im in design school, and that's hilarious.
In the evening, when Tri became less patient of the noise (haha, we were playing DJ), I brought the both of them down to the playground to...well, play. Haha, I thought I might have wanted to join them but there were secondary school students walking around us everywhere so I didn't want to make myself look like a fool (shut up, Tri =P).
After Tri was done (or after she had given up) with her assignment, we left the kiddos to watch Foster's on their laptop, while we ate what's left of the chicken (we got the 10 piece meal, haha). Slept like babies.
Saturday was tiring, though it always has been. Had drama rehearsals in the morning through the afternoon, for the MINDs play coming soon. We had to bring in and out the props as it was a full-dress rehearsal. Acting like a nerd is as boring as being one. I don't know, and I definitely don't see how you can find that entertaining, so, don't complain if you are not! (entertained). I absolutely loved Neela's bimbo character the most, she made me giggle worse than an eight year old girl in the presence of one of the Jonas Sisters (whoops).
Anyway, after a crazy laughter session with those who stayed back at Mac, I got home and changed. My extended family was going out to Nyai's sister's place. Wow, Nyai and her siblings create some of the best comfort dishes ever. The whole buffet had an Armenian touch to it, of course, with some Russian desserts that I had never tasted before. I basically just sat in one small corner of the house with my aunts and uncles (the kiddos were running around in the balcony) small-talking. There were so many people I didn't know, from my grand uncle's family (who were mostly those Arab types). (I heard sometime ago that they disliked my grandmother and grand aunt because Arabs are supposed to hate Armenians). Though of course, it was Eid, and we all played nice, hahahahaha.
Gosh, after all the hoopla, I found myself more than thankful of my very own bed (well, guest bed to be exact). Chatted with some people (oh my god, Neela, chatting with you makes me wanna MadTv all day, lols!) including my dad. I was kinda' surprised to see him online, so we had a quick chat before turning in (he wanted me to stay over his place tomorrow, but I can't, having rehearsals, see).
I just woke up to find Afik's face barely 2 inches away from mine. Haha. Gonna brunch soon. Wonder what im going to do later....Maybe a trip to Giant, whoohoo.
Man, I get pleased so easily,
--wan.
Labels: celebrations, drama, my world
posted at 13:15