Sunday, November 23
Uncontourable.
Let's take a break from these crappy emo posts. Here's what happened the past week...
I came to school extra early the first few days, and had high hopes for accomplishing the various assignments on time. So, I remembered, thinking to myself back then, heck, how bad could this week go?
So okay, I had to sacrifice a few things in order for me to keep my priorities right. Drama, family, relaxation and sleep, to say the least. Though how much I miss the drama mama's and papa's and my sexy cousins at home, I still managed to do well.
Then came the assignments. First, there was the Studio Project poster deadline on Friday. Well in the end everything went out rather smoothly i'd have to say. We trudged our way down towards Dhoby Gaut Thursday evening for printing, and did the presentation on Friday, that's the end of that (wow, rather vague). Everyone did a good job, so kudos. A particularly huge portion of that kudos goes to Kai Min, who did a whole lotta stuff for all of us. I for one understand how tough it must've been. You did exceptionally well bro.
Okay what else. Colour studies. Thank goodness for Ms Lee. My concept for her Biennale assignment was uber complicated (who do I blame but myself) so heaven, thank you so much, she extended the deadline. I feel so guilty, haha.
Were moving a bit backwords here, if you've noticed, hehe.
Well, I feel a little guilty for Herman (Lirong, you are not alone). Hmmm. Did nothing much in particular during his classes other than playing around with Illustrator effects. I swear, i'm gonna get all those vectors done ASAP. Deadline, next week.
So, the other assignments were as usual, so-so...but wait. I think saved the best for last.
Now, there is this tiny little problem of the hands. How many hands? Well, one hundred and twenty to say the least. Sighs. In brief, we all have to draw out the animation of a moving hand. To be composed of a minimum hundred and twenty hands, depicting movement. All done in A3, all done in contour. He wants to see at least fifty this coming Tuesday. Joon Kiat is killing us slowly, softly, with his soft, flicking hand gestures.
I thought it'd be manageable but damn, how wrong was I. I don't know how many times i've had to redo this assignment. It is sickening, and it is making me puke. Woweepalooza. I hate my hand now, even though how much my grandmother had told me in the past to be thankful that I had one.
Heck, I don't want to talk about assignments anymore.
God, make me invincible.
--wan.
Labels: school
posted at 01:10