entries profile tags miscellaneous archives exits

Tuesday, November 4
Vampires will never hurt you.

Okay, enough of the emotional rubbish. Here's the long awaited Halloween Nite 08 entry, four days late. Disclaimer: this is one of those 'get-it-over-and-done-with' kinda posts, so just bear with the lack of enthusiasm.

Vampire vampire vampire, chess. Vampire ling ling bla bla whatever, hahaha.

Okay. The mourning of All Hallow's eve (get it get it, mourning?). Haha yawns. So there I was, cabbing to school with Subrina's dead weight of an assignment in hand, and a huge bag of costumes and props in the other. Ama and me were supposed to help out with the hallowen decorations (we were in E308 by the way) but instead we had to focus more on completing our assignments, which were due that evening. Pressure. The scene: bits of paper and tape scattered everywhere, drawing tools tossed unceremoniously to one corner, and the sick scent of cow gum and sticky tape wafting off in the AC. The life of design students, sigh. Luckily, the other stage arters were there to help with the decorations as well as our assignments. Sorry and thanks guys! (we really had no time at all to finish it the day before).

So it was hectic. Hmm, what else. I remember loud, blaring hip-hop and techno music - Theatre Management was testing out the audio - and of course the occasional (i'm sorry, I meant continuous) laughter. And I also remember being kinda pissed off with stuff later in the afternoon, during project submission. Ooooh. Sorry-worree Ama! (sorry-worree?). Yesiree. Basically, we were stressed out. Yawns. Maybe I gotta learn how to be like Dass and chill brothaa! Lol.

Well, after a short rest period during make-up and hair, it was back to the rehearsals. Wow. From this point onwards, it was a mixture of anticipation, worry, happiness, embarrassment (Ina saw me in make-up, haha!), and hunger for me. Tick tock, I should've blogged about this days ago, now i'm feeling bored. Haha. Okay, yadda yadda yadda, the cow jumped over the moon, and everyone got their freak on with their either scary or kinky costumes and such; cool lads, pretty girls, pretty boys, pretty she-boys, that sort of thing. Before I knew it, it was time.

Kudos to the entire creative team responsible for the sexy spooky decor. The entire place looked freaky great, the haunted walkway thingy was a hit. Either that, or the audience were woosies. Now for our performances. Group 1 did jolly good, jolly good! The play's trannies (especially Amin) traumatised us again. Everyone was laughing like mad, so obviously, well done. After their play it was the senior's turn. I laughed like Spongebob and a piece of paper during their skit (don't worry if you didn't get that, neither did I). Before you knew it, it was time for jang jang jang jang. Yes, after what felt like an eternity later, it was finally our group's turn. Lights, camera, actionnnnn.

That stage. Those lights. Woweepalooza. My first sorta major-ish role with lines. How was it? Well, in short - glitches, mistakes, and an overdose of laughter. Oh. My. Pizza. The murmur of nervous laughter. Though it wasn't a perfect skit, I just want to applaud (loudly) to everyone of you group 2ers. I hate the way I fidget too much during monologues, not to mention how raspy my voice went (I know how I looked and sound, I saw the video!). Well, it feels terrible knowing you could've done more, given in that added umpf and stuff like that, but in the end, I still don't regret anything, because like what all the seniors have been saying, you guys did the most you could have ever done. So seniors, thank you for being so appreciative. We really do appreciate you guys. Haha. Well after that, then, what else? Partaaay time! (ew, cheesy).

I was supposed to come as the psycho axe-boyfriend (get it get it) but someone took my axe (Don't worry, I got it back at the end of the party. Now I can use it to cut open my papayas, brilliant.).

Though the after-party dance went a bit too far (the place was a mess, sorry senior seniors!), we all managed a get-back-together-were-not-mad-at-anyone hug at the end. What a lovely family, us, really *wipes fake tear off eyelid*. Hahaha. Well, after cleaning up the huge mess and returning the props, we all said our goodbyes, and I cabbed home with Vicki and Sheila. Yes, that's all that happened. The ghosts came flying in and out just like that, haha.

Now now, wait. I smell food. Sniff sniff. Italian food. Yummmy. Auntie is getting busy in the kitchen. I'll talk about school later. For now, the kitchen calls!

--wan.

Labels: celebrations, drama, finally this post is over and done with


posted at 19:27


PROFILE
Hazwan Tan
19
Visual Communication student
School of Design, Nanyang Polytechnic
Singapore

TAGS

Tagboard from ShoutMix.

SNAPSHOTS


LITERARY WORKS
H. Winata (Me)
Dirbir
Pirate-guy 99


Copyright © 2009 respect-retrospect.blogspot.com. Designed by M. H. Tan. All rights reserved.
EXITS
Amalina
Arfin
Dass
Dionne
Eunice
Hanaffi
Hanisah
Hazwani
Kaye
Lirong
Nadhirah
Neela
Vicki
Yana
ARCHIVES
March 2006 - July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
September 2010