entries profile tags miscellaneous archives exits

Tuesday, January 6
Delve in, the irony of it all.

I can't put up with this pretence of optimism, so I will no longer do so. As much as I love cheesy metaphors, there will be none in this entry, cos' I threw away the fancy mask. Oops, I guess I lied.

The first week of 09' was nothing like the one in 08'. Of course, it's just so easy to put the blame on schoolwork, but I can't deny how some aspects of being in school make me feel more - secure. Friends and assignments and other kinds of pressure keep me occupied, and makes me have less mindroom to think of things that shouldn't be thought of.

I had a nice chat with my mentor Subrina the other day, and it shamed me how vulnerable I got in front of her (there is just no room to think of dirty thoughts, so don't). I don't know what mum told her but I can only give her (Subrina) so much respect for the advice that she gave me. Whatever bad things i've said about her in the past, I truly, truly regret. For in a world like this, it is difficult to find someone who does not judge unfairly, someone who does not see the world in only good and evil, and someone who can empathise sincerely. Heck, she might be a bit uptight, but for her I shall have the highest respect. Now, on that note...

School is fine. Oh yeah, I had a lot of fun and laughs during Herman's Digital Rendering class just now. Kai Min is the i'll-destroy-caucasian-men-pictures-with-carrots-in-photoshop man.

Drama, albeit tiring, has been fun. We have open house performances coming up, and the play is just hysterical. If you want to see me make a complete idiot of myself in front of hundreds of people because you have some personal grudge against me, then watch the play. Thanks again to the drama mama's for making me laugh till my stomach hurts (it's been awhile).

Now to end off this totally well organized and unmetaphoric entry with something i'd think sounds wise and showy off.

A good acqaintance of mine once brought up the topic of empathy (whether directly or indirectly). It is easy to dwell within one's own bigoted thoughts, but one can only base their opinions upon so much, what with all the superficiality going on in the world. A lesson i'd like to learn from.

Never judge if you don't fully understand.

--wan.

Labels: my world, perceptions, school


posted at 23:45


PROFILE
Hazwan Tan
19
Visual Communication student
School of Design, Nanyang Polytechnic
Singapore

TAGS

Tagboard from ShoutMix.

SNAPSHOTS


LITERARY WORKS
H. Winata (Me)
Dirbir
Pirate-guy 99


Copyright © 2009 respect-retrospect.blogspot.com. Designed by M. H. Tan. All rights reserved.
EXITS
Amalina
Arfin
Dass
Dionne
Eunice
Hanaffi
Hanisah
Hazwani
Kaye
Lirong
Nadhirah
Neela
Vicki
Yana
ARCHIVES
March 2006 - July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
September 2010